Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Centered Double Decrease (sl 2, k1, p2sso) Tutorial

Here's a step-by-step of my best fave decrease. It pulls both sides towards a central raised stitch, which looks super neat-o. It's featured heavily in the squid pattern (this'll be in the stitch dictionary when I finally put it all together), but here it is for all. I knit "british," so that's the way the tuturial goes.

Step one: slip two stitches together as if to knit:
step 2: enter next stitch after the 2 you just slipped ...
... and knit it.
step 3: With the left-hand needle, pick up the two slipped stitches and pass them together over the stitch just knit.
The result:

2 comments:

BookMoot said...

Thank you for the pictures. I could not quite understand the other explanations I had been reading. I am grateful.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this explanation I was soo confused and the picture of the end result was really helpful too ta.